Join Our Self Management Program and Take Control of Your Diabetes
Renaissance Home Health Care offers specialized diabetes care and education. The goal of this program is to encourage patients to live as independently as possible while safely managing their own healthcare. Our team is committed to providing support, education, and assistance to diabetic patients and their families.
What Is DSMP?
The Diabetes Self Management Program is a 6-week group program for people with Type 2 Diabetes. The program was developed by Stanford University to assist individuals in managing diabetes symptoms, tiredness, pain, and emotional issues by helping you learn skills to better manage your diabetes day-to-day.
What Will You Do?
This interactive workshop meets 2.5 hours a week and is delivered by a Trained Clinician. Some of the benefits of these workshops include, but are not limited to:
- Techniques to deal with symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress and emotional problems such as stress, depression, anger, fear and frustration
- Exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working effectively with health care providers
- Creating weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program
This program does not conflict with existing programs or treatment. Treatment is not altered, and participants are referred to their physicians or diabetes educators. Participate in this program and take control of your diabetes. As part of our program, you will receive personalized support in a small group setting to help you meet your goals.
Contact us today to learn more about the Diabetes Self Management Program. We’ll walk you through how it relates to Medicaid and Medicare in NY and answer any further questions. We look forward to assisting you!