The following tips will help create a healthier lifestyle. Our Home Health Aides can assist with shopping for groceries, etc. At our Adult Day Services locations, lunch is provided in alliance with these tips.
- Balance – Each meal should contain a protein (fish, chicken, meat, or pork, tofu, beans, etc.), vegetables or fruit, and a carbohydrate/starch (pasta, rice, potato, etc.)
- Color – Chances are if your meal is colorful, it s healthier than little or no color.
- Portion Control – One portion of everything is about the size of 1 cup or the size of your hand.
- Beverages – Try drinking water between your bites. It will cause you to slow down and fill up at the same time.
- Snack Between Meals – A healthy snack of fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, etc, at the right portion size between meals will increase your metabolism, decrease the feeling of starvation and will improve your mood!