Work Life Balance
A career in healthcare is a 24/7 job. Caring for people becomes a passion for most who stay in the industry. We become devoted to the people we care for and they become part of our extended family. This loyalty and love can sometimes make it difficult to make space for a healthy #worklifebalance. Here are some tips that can help.
- Get a good night sleep – This will help you stay focused during your day.
- Squeeze in 10 minutes of exercise. This will increase your energy.
- Create 2 lists – one for you home life and one for work, with no more than 5 things on each list to accomplish that day.
- Review your work schedule before you leave the house so you are fully prepared to start your day.
- Once you are out of the house, focus on work.
- Make your lunch break count! Run errands for home with healthy to-go lunch options for added productivity for your home life or eat away from your desk, enjoy and savor your meal. Take deep breaths and drink plenty of water. Both options can rejuvenate you to make the second half of your work day as productive as the first half.
- Review your home schedule before you leave work so it is fresh in your mind.
- Once you leave work, focus on your home life.
- Ask others for help when possible.
- Remember to take care of yourself.
Following these simple tips will make you more effective at work and at home. When employers know you give 100% of yourself while you are on the job, this can lead to respect, appreciation, personal growth, wage increases, and flexibility when needed. All of this helps to reduce stress and creates a healthier #worklifebalance.
“An effective and efficient employee is a valuable employee.” #ChristinaO’Leary, Director of Branding & Media